In accordance with the Insurance Consumer Protection Principles issued by the Saudi Central Bank (SAMA), insurance companies should provide simple and appropriate means for their clients to file complaints. These grievances may arise when customers are dissatisfied with the services or products provided, and must be properly addressed without delay.
As a customer, it is best to know your rights and exactly what you have signed up for. You need to go through your insurance policy carefully and understand your rights as a policyholder.
Be specific about everything you put in the letter to the insurance company. If you discussed anything regarding said complaint with any of the insurance company’s employees, make sure to mention it and document it by including names and dates.
Moreover, it is important to clearly state the desired outcome from your complaint. This should make it easier for the insurance company to comply.
The Letter of Complaint:
Once you are clear about your rights and the action(s) required from the insurance company, you should send an official written complaint highlighting clearly the issue at hand. You should also attach all supporting documents and relevant reports. Make sure that you have obtained the appropriate addressee for the complaint you are submitting—this could be the insurer’s complaints manager or the assigned relationship manager.
The letter should be dated and marked clearly as a complaint at the top and must include the following:
- Your full name (as it appears on the policy) and the policy number;
- Any attachments you have to support your complaint;
- The action(s) required from the insurance company in order to solve and settle the issue;
- Clarify your complaint clearly, explaining what it is you are not happy about and mention dates and places if applicable; and
- A disclaimer at the end stating that in case the company’s response to this complaint was unsatisfactory, then the matter will be further escalated with SAMA.
If the insurance company does not respond to your complaint or does not address it in the required time and manner, then you will be entitled to submit the complaint to SAMA to take necessary action. This can be done through the following channels:
Phone calls: You can call SAMA on the toll-free number: 800-125-6666 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Online: You can submit a complaint through SAMACares website.
Customer Service: Visit the Customer Service office at SAMA Head Office, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz Street, Riyadh, from 08:00 am to 3:30 pm.
Mail: Complaints are to be sent to the address of SAMA, Customer Protection Department, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz Street, PO Box 2992, Riyadh 11169, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
When a complaint is filed through any of these channels, the complainant (customer) will receive a reference number for the complaint so that they can track the status of the complaint with the institution.
Steps for filing a complaint against insurance companies through SAMA website:
- Visit the SAMACares website, then click on “Make a complaint”.
- If you are a new customer, create an account on the website and then sign in.
- After that you will see a user page that lets you display all the complaints you have filed, along with their status and the option to add a new one.
- Click the “Add New compliant” button.
- Choose the sector under which your complaint falls (Insurance companies).
- Choose the product category that best corresponds to your policy from the available options.
- Then, fill out the required fields as follows: Financial Authority, Classification, Reference Number and Subject.
- Upload relevant files, if any.
- After making sure that all data is filled in, press the “Submit” button.
- You will receive a confirmation message indicating that the submission was successful. It will also include the complaint reference number.
- You will also receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!